Junior Web Developer
Who We Are & Who We Hire
MC2 is a strategic and digital marketing agency, working as integrated partners with our clients to plan, execute, and achieve their business goals. We work hard to achieve excellence in all that we do, constantly striving to improve as individuals, teammates, and organizationally, and we love to have fun along the way.
Our culture is one of trust and excellence; that means we do the right things in the right way, with no compromises. We hire high character, reliable, critical thinkers, that are committed to learn, collaborate, and contribute at a high level as a part of our organization.
The primary role of a Junior Web Developer at MC2 is to field support requests and ensure excellent customer service in the process. If you can identify additional opportunities to increase the value of what our web team does for our existing clients, then you’ll be a game-changer in this role. We’ll also expect you to have the ability to effectively build websites using the design handed to you from one of our designers, or to build using a theme.
- Triage and manage incoming support requests from clients
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best web development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Collaborate with designers to ensure proper design implementation
- Website content implementation and QA
- Pre / post website launch tasks based on Senior Developer direction
- Data integration from back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Front-End Web Standards and Technologies:
- HTML/CSS (Sass & Less)
- Icon Fonts
- Git version control
- Automation tools (e.g. Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- HTML/CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Development Platforms:
- Design and Development Software:
- Sublime Text or other open source text editor
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- A solid understanding of the web development process, including local development environments and setup (e.g. LAMP stacks using MAMP, Docker, Vagrant, etc.), site and server security, server management, etc.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and diagnostic and analytic tools including Google Analytics
- A good question-asker, eager to learn from your team
- Strong organizational and multitasking ability
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn rapidly
- Strong written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external project stakeholders