Copywriter / Content Manager
Who We Are & Who We Hire
MC2 is a strategic and digital marketing agency, working as integrated partners with our clients to plan, execute, and achieve their business goals. We work hard to achieve excellence in all that we do, constantly striving to improve as individuals, teammates, and organizationally, and we love to have fun along the way.
Our culture is one of trust and excellence; that means we do the right things in the right way, with no compromises. We hire high character, reliable, critical thinkers, that are committed to learn, collaborate, and contribute at a high level as a part of our organization.
We are looking for a Copywriter / Content Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role would be a critical and creative thinker with demonstrated experience translating marketing strategy into ad copy and digital content. Above and beyond would mean having experience writing for traditional marketing, digital marketing, web, and even radio.
This role’s primary responsibility will be to effectively execute a marketing strategy through copywriting and content development. This will require the ability to understand various types of clients and all of their audience’s, and to adapt a voice that is effective for each.
- Understand the client’s core message and target audience
- Develop a content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing goals
- Effectively portray a client’s voice through persuasive copy for various types of audiences
- Interpret marketing strategy and project requirements to identify effective copy themes
- Collaborate with all teams (digital, creative, web development) to deliver effective copy through all forms of marketing
- Direct ad copy through numerous industries (education, financial services, manufacturing, product sales, economic development, tourism, etc.)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews to identify effective marketing themes and audience personas
- Proof and edit other writer’s content
- Use SEO best-practices to effectively structure content for optimized search visibility
- Edit and implement website content (using a content management system)
- QA website content for readability, user experience, and search engine optimization
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to portray marketing strategy through copywriting
- Knowledge of digital marketing content strategies
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Creative and collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with social media
- Basic technical knowledge of SEO and content management systems